Client: HSBC Date: August 17, 2015 View Project
- All Current Account transactions have been consolidated into one model.
- Transactions were classified in hierarchical order as Main Group-Group-Sub Group from banking perspective.
- Overdraft usage amounts and remaining limits as well as remaining balance, commissions and tax payments are calculated for each transaction.
philogica contributed in defining KPIs and transactions classifications with multi dimensional analysis context.
- Managed with PMI methodology, all related metrics such as PV, EV, BAC, SPI, CPI calculated and published weekly. Project SPI value is 0,99, that shows delay rate is 1 %
- Database model has been designed according to standards, technical docs were prepared with correct tools, test queries were written to manage bug/fix process and used each version update to avoid duplicate tests.
- At the end of the project about 150 test queries were submitted.
- Prior to this project, current account transactions could be analysed only on customer level individually, now current account transactions can be analysed daily, monthly and yearly.
- Target de-normalised table provides various metrics that are essential for analytics in Customer Value Management.
- Majority of these metrics could not be obtained before and the remaining metrics could not be obtained as simple as they can be obtained now.
- Transaction based overdraft usage, remaining overdraft limit, remaining balance (as well as end of day balance) calculation are provided for the first time.
- Transaction based commission and tax payment calculations are provided for the first time.
- A vast variety of critical KPIs can now be monitored easily. Some of the KPIs are
- Customers using their current accounts only for receiving salary payments.
- Customers using their current accounts only for loan / credit card payments.
- Waivers applied at branches on transaction commissions
- Transactions triggering overdraft usage
- Causes for end of day current account balance total increase or decrease in the bank
- Data will be used for detecting target customers for campaign offerings or forming new campaigns. Results of these campaigns will also be easily monitored.
- Data provides input for various what-if analysis scenarios.